MCA (Computer Application)
In this era, when the world has become a competitive place for IT professionals, corporate all over the world are on the look out for people with a high degree of technical skills and adaptability to current environment. Many institutes have emerged to provide value-based education, in order to enrich the technical skills of students making them perfect professionals. The MCA programme was started in 1998 and it functions with the following objectives:
- Inculcating in the students the essence of being innovative & equipping them with skills essential for them to excel in this highly competitive world.
- Shaping up each individual's personality to enable him or her to confront challenges of the ever dynamic IT field.
- To imbibe in them the gist of making right decisions in any given circumstances.
An atmosphere relevant for learning and development contributes to the richness and depth of the program. The teaching methodology includes Classroom lectures, Lab practical (24 hours), Seminars and Industrial visits. The competitive spirit of the students is kept ignited by having intradepartmental competitions such as Quiz; Paper presentation, Software contest, Word hunt and Marketing. Our students have been achieving academic excellence by getting ranks in the University examinations. They have exhibited their potential by receiving prizes in various inter-collegiate competitions. They have also proved their ability by being placed in various reputed organizations.
Creating a genre of IT professionals who are equipped with a high degree of technical skills & adaptability to current environment and driven by moral values.
- A well equipped computer center with latest and advanced software, with 24 hours internet facility
- A full-fledged library with a good collection of computer oriented books, international journals and magazines.
- Experienced & Dedicated faculty members
- Guest lectures by experienced computer professionals.
Eligibility for Admission:
Candidates for admission to the first year of the course leading to the Degree of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) will be required to possess the following conditions.
- A pass in B.E. Degree examination in any branch of study (or)
- Second class (50%) Bachelor's Degree in any one of the following degrees of Bharathiar University or its equivalent.
- B.Sc Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer science/ Computer Technology/ Applied sciences.
- B.Sc Physics/ Chemistry with ancillary Mathematics.
- B.Sc in Electronics/ B.Com./ B.B.M. with study of Mathematics and /or Statistics for two Semesters.
- B.Sc in Applied Geology.
In case of SC/ST candidates, a mere pass in any one of the above Bachelor's degree examinations will be sufficient.
Selection will be based on
- Applicant's performance in AIMCET conducted by AICTE.
- Group discussion.
- Personal interview.
Selected candidates will have to produce all original certificates at the time of admission.
Candidates who hold Degrees from other Universities should produce eligibility certificate issued by the Registrar, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore-46, at that time of admission.
The duration of the course shall extend over a period of three academic years consisting of six semesters. The curriculum will include the following subjects of study.
Eligibility: BSc, BCA
Number of Seats: 60
Semester : Rs. 23000 (For Students completed their UG in PKR College: Rs.21,000 per Semester)
Annual : Rs. 46,000
- Paper 1: Digital Computer Fundamentals
- Paper 2:Problem Solving & Programming in C
- Paper 3:Foundations of Computer Science
- Paper 4: Numerical Algorithms and Statistics
- Paper 5:Accounting & Financial Management
- Paper 6:Data & File Structures
- Practical 1: Programming lab in C
- Practical 2: Data Structure lab
- Paper 9: Computer System Architecture
- Paper 10: Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- Paper 11:Relational Database Management System
- Paper 12 : Object Oriented Programming
- Paper 13 : Operations Research
- Practical 2 :OOPS lab
- Practical 3 :RDBMS lab
- Paper 11: Software Engineering
- Paper 12: Operating Systems
- Paper 13: Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Paper 14:Computer Networks
- Paper 15: Structured System Analysis & Design
- Practical 5: OS lab
- Practical 6: Network lab
- paper 16: Visual Programming
- paper 17: Software Project & Management
- paper 18: System Software & Compiler Design
- paper 19: Elective-I
- paper 20: Elective-II
- practical 7: Visual Programming Lab
- practical 8: Software Project lab
- paper 21: Web Technology
- paper 22: Management Concepts & Communication
- paper 23:Network Operating System & Administration
- paper 24: Elective-III
- paper 25: Elective-IV
- practical 9:Web Programming lab
- practical 10:Software Design lab
- Project work and Viva-Voce
Group I (IV Semester Electives)
- Micro Processors based System Design
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Enterprise Networking
- Client Server Systems
- Principles of Programming Languages
- Speech & Image Processing
- Multimedia Systems
- Embedded Systems & Relative Operating System
- Software Testing
Group II (V Semester Electives)
- Computer Peripherals & Interfacing
- Neural Networks & Fuzzy System
- Data Mining
- Artificial Intelligence & Expert Systems
- Parallel Processing
- Distributed Computing
- Security in Computing
- Knowledge Based Systems
- Parallel Algorithms
- Data Compression
- Passport size photograph should be affixed in application form in the space provided after trimming to the size of box.
- If the candidates belong to BC/MBC/SC/ST, then the caste to be specified in the relevant places and true copy of the certificate to be enclosed.
- Parent/guardian & Candidate should sign the application form in the space provided.
- True copies of mark sheets issued after each appearance in an examination should be enclosed even if a consolidated statement of marks is included.
- The columns of application form should be filled up with correct information.
- Application form should be sent to the Principal, P.K.R Arts College for women, Gobichettipalayam -638 476.Fees once paid would not be refunded on any account.
- Ragging is strictly forbidden. Any one who is found guilty of ragging will be expelled from the college.